July 14, 2014 - July 18, 2014
Eagle Eyrie Baptist Conference Center
1 Eagle Eyrie Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24503,
Use #MWAC14 in your tweets and Instagram posts leading up to and at Music Camp!
The Virginia Baptist Music and Worship Arts Camp is designed for those children and youth who have completed grades 4 – 12. The camp is divided into 3 different tracks:
- The Alpha Track is designed for those who have completed grades 4 – 6.
- The Omega Track is targeted for those who have completed grades 6 – 9. Churches with campers who have completed grade 6 may choose which camp track they will attend.
- The Delta Track is for campers who have completed grades 10 – 12. Delta campers are limited in number and must submit an application (available from the Worship and Church Music Ministries Office) and be accepted in order to attend.
The camp consists of worship times and special interest classes, as well as participation in a choral and/or instrumental ensemble. Each afternoon also contains free time to enjoy the Eagle Eyrie pool and facilities as well as opportunities to meet new friends.
This is a music camp and those who do not enjoy musical activities should find a camp that is more geared to their interests. Past classes have included handbells, banners, audio technology, photography, drama, worship art, puppets, guitar, African Drumming, piano, Interpretive Movement, Stomp, and lyric writing among others.
The 2014 version of Music and Worship Arts Camp will feature a production of Buryl Red’s Celebrate Life, which will be presented at the camp’s conclusion, as well as many special interest classes, plus age-appropriate choirs and an orchestra.
First-time attendees should contact the Office of Worship and Church Music Ministries (800.255.2428 ext. 6220) in order to receive detailed suggestions in order to make your camp experience fun and the best it can be for your campers. Each church is expected to provide chaperones for their campers.
Chaperones must register with our office no later than June 25 in order to complete required paperwork. Campers must pre-register for classes after June 1. Some classes are limited in space, so early registration is advised. Available classes for this year’s camp will be posted by May 15.
These files are best downloaded with the most current version of Adobe Reader. Click here to download the latest version.
- Volunteer Packet, including Consent for Background Check [PDF]
- Medical Release Form [PDF]
- Delta Track application [PDF]
- Delta Track Nomination form [PDF]
- First-timers Information Sheet [PDF]
- Intern Application Form [DOCX]
- 2014 Alpha Sample Registration [PDF]
- 2014 Delta Sample Registration [PDF]
- 2014 Omega Sample Registration [PDF]
Field Strategist, Worship and Church Music Specialist
800.255.2428 or 804.915.5000, ext. 6220